The Capital Markets & Deal Accounting department assists companies with accounting and financial reporting issues and through complex financial transactions. Launched within Eight Advisory by Vincent de Montgolfier in the spring of 2019, it now features a dozen experienced and dedicated professionals. The team, which speaks several accounting languages (US GAAP, IFRS, French GAAP, etc.), has recently been involved in several major transactions. The team has a specialism for deals and practices in both the French and Anglo-Saxon stock exchanges.
Myriam Montillot, Partner, Eight Advisory, said: “We aim to be the reference advisor to large corporates and holding companies to assist them in their market transactions (IPOs, fundraising, in France or abroad), their transactions (acquisitions, sales, partnerships, joint ventures, etc.), or the structuring of complex contracts (concessions, management packs, structured entities, etc.),” says Myriam Montillot.
With 20 years’ experience in accounting and financial consulting in international accounting transactions and frameworks in France and Hong Kong, Myriam with the Capital Markets and Deal Accounting team to support companies in France and abroad on:
– The definition and preparation of the Financial communications necessary to carry out for market transactions (IPO, takeover bid, public exchange offer, High Yield or hybrid debt issue, etc.)
– Solving complex accounting issues throughout the external growth operations cycle (due diligence, pro forma/carve-out/combined/completion accounts, preparation of opening balance sheets, downstream financial integration, including the design of reporting packages, harmonization of accounting policies and production of the first consolidated accounts)
– The preparation of the accounting and financial information necessary to carry out a spin-off;
– The management of projects to convert accounting standards (IFRS, US GAAP, etc.) and the adoption of new standards (e.g. IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IFRS 9, etc.)
– The analysis and proposal of solutions on accounting issues Solutions for complex contracts related to the implementation of management packages, concession contracts, research and development partnerships, etc.
Éric Demuyt, Managing Director of Eight Advisory, said:
“The appointment of Myriam Montillot will accelerate the growth of the Capital Markets & Deal Accounting division within Eight Advisory. The department already has an excellent reputation for exceeding corporate and private equity client’s expectations, both before and after transactions, adding value with our extensive technical expertise. Our ambition is to anticipate and meet all our clients’ needs in the context of these operations,”