Our professionals have extensive experience preparing clearly worded reports that are easily understood by users unschooled in accountancy and financial matters, and ratifying their expert evidence in the ordinary courts and in arbitration tribunals.
The expert reports we issue may explain business and financial matters, quantify damages, lay out digital evidence or provide a professional critique of other reports and arguments presented in the following areas:
International Arbitration and arbitration under local chambers
- Issues submitted to Arbitration
- Equity or expert arbitrators
- Expert witness in: International arbitration cases, “Ad hoc” arbitration cases, Legal actions
- “Amicus curiae” in arbitration tribunals
- Arbitrer in expert determination cases
- Negotiation advisors in transactional settlements
- Valuer of damages claims in “arbitration & litigation funding” and litigation –related due diligence processes
- Investigator of irregular transactions
- Unfair competition
- Restrictive practices and abuse of dominant position
- Directors’ liability
- Challenges to corporate resolutions
- Shareholder disputes
- Claims under maritime law
- Insolvency disputes (clawback actions, revocation, insolvency classifications, etc.)
- Intellectual property disputes
- Preparation of expert reports supporting dismissals on objective grounds or for misconduct
- Technical reports and advisory in redundancy processes
- Preparation of expert reports in connection with financial claims under contracts of employment involving complex, variable remuneration packages
- Breach of contract cases
- Claims for damages and loss of profits in cases of contractual non-performance or poor performance
- Claims for customer goodwill and failure to provide due notice of termination in agency agreements
- Quantification of damages caused by construction works
- Division of estates in inheritance cases
- Breach of management trust
- Criminal insolvency
- Tax offences
Administrative Disputes Jurisdiction
- Financial imbalances in concessions
- Fair value appraisals
- Claims in respect of official charges and regulated prices
- Financial evaluation of contractual sanctions imposed by government agencies
- Tax inspection proceedings opened by the Revenue Agency with respect to the economic substance of corporate operations
- Financial evaluation of sanctions for infringement of tax regulations
Fraud prevention, detection, investigation and management of fraud cases and its consequences
- Prevention and investigation of financial, procedural and accounting irregularities committed in complex and sophisticated scenarios, achieving speedy and practical results based on our highly proved professional skills and experience.
- Prevention and detection of “accounting fraud” (black money, parallel businesses, conflicts of interest, asset misappropriation, fraudulent management, irregular billing schemes, phising, malpractices in financial statements, etc..).
- Experience in the Forensic field and testimony in court, allowing us to complete our work by issuing and defending expert reports in the courts where necessary (criminal, commercial and administrative disputes jurisdictions).
Our approach to fraud cases brings together:
- Know-how. Highly skilled professional in complex environments.
- Experience. Successfully concluded fraud-related engagements for numerous clients.
- Accounting and audit expertise. Highly experience in business, accounting and financial investigations.
- Technological capability. Capability and techniques required for this digital environment and the treatment of digital evidence.
- Private investigations Where necessary, we partner with firms to provide certain specifics services.
- External and internal communication, which allows the effective management of reputational issues and control of damages.